Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sometimes

Sometimes, I cannot sew a straight line. The thing is I normally can't sew a straight line for like one night max. Ever since this past Friday I have been a sewing and cutting disaster.

I've come up with these really fun ideas of things to make lately, but my sewing skills are making them suck. The other thing I have done several times is sew these huge strips together with the seams facing out- yikes. So then I rip the whole lengthy seam out- to- get this- sew it back together wrong again. I'm hoping this hex will rub off soon.

I started this corset deconstructed t-shirt from the Alabama Stitch Book that I love.

IMG_1341

I sewed this together wrong maybe 4 times so far. So that would be at least twice on each seam. The pattern is very easy, it's just me making it tricky.

If this comes out nice, I may have to corset all my t-shirts. This is how the shirt looked originally.

IMG_1212

And since red is sort of a theme for me today, behold this modern red dish. It looks a lot like Dansk, which I collect.

IMG_1390

IMG_1387

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Hate, Hate, Hate sewing. I never do anything that requires following a pattern. And a sewing maching just makes me mad!
Sorry for being so hostal. It's just that when I use a machine I feel so out of control.

Anonymous said...

I have those days too. And they SUCK. You're feeling all creative and motivated, and then - BAM! - can't sew or cut a straight line to save your life. I usually take that as a big hint to step away and do something not involving scissors.

Maybe you shouldn't have had those three glasses of wine before sewing....

:-)

Rebekah said...

that bowl is so pretty!

I remember attempting to sew a christmas stocking that I ripped out and redid probably 10 times...so frustrating. I hate it when I make the same mistake that I was just trying to not make again. But, we all have those days, right?!

jacquie said...

I spent some quality time with the seam ripper yesterday...sewed the pinwheel blocks backwards...didn't catch it until 4 were done! Sucks to have a day like that! Hope your next session goes more smoothly!

The Stitching Surgeon said...

yeah BU!!! my hubby went there for law school...I looooovvveee Boston! cute top!

Molly Vetter said...

Hey! I went to BU...

And, I also have (many) times when my sewing ability fail to live up to my imagination.

I console myself with the thought that the process of imagining things I could make is ALMOST as much fun as actually making them...