I tried this tutorial for the Cathedral Windows block here (very well done tutorial- it was easy to follow with great pics!) The finished product is amazing and beautiful-despite my missing a fold somewhere along the way- oops! I used vintage squares for the windows.
I have to say though, a bit too much folding and ironing for me. I was actually trying it out because I thought it would be amazing to have the ladies in one of the online quilt bees make these. It takes a ton of fabric! So I have come up with another block for the bee (coming soon).
I've actually had to go buy fabric for my quilt bee month on Threads Together Quilt Bee (March) and Busy Little Quilting Bee (March too!) It was very pleasing to buy fabric and I am still on the hunt. I need to score some orangy reds this weekend, wash everything and send it out. Can't wait!