Thursday, March 12, 2009

Things to be thrilled about

  • just received this lens
  • scored several viewfinder cameras on ebay for under $10
  • rummage season is around the corner
  • some days, when the temperature is like over 35 I've been going for bike rides
  • my mom is heading out to visit my brother in California. She's been talking and dreaming about going for years. Surprisingly, my brother is a great tour guide.
  • I'm completely addicted to downloading podcasts from the Splendid Table and Car Talk. Good listening during my crazy 2 hour commutes.
  • I am inches from finishing a quilt to show and have loads of quilt bee blocks to share too

10 comments:

Two Dogs and a Quilt said...

I have the same lens and it's my favorite for portraits. The bushfire quilt is looking good too. Enjoy!

kelly said...

I've got that same lens and I love, love, LOVE it! Can't wait to see what you do with it, you talented gal!

Anonymous said...

Oh this lens is on my wishlist. Please, please tell me how you like it when you had time to play around with it!

erica said...

Great Lens! Someday I'll graduate to a big-girl camera! Can't wait to see the new quilt....

Memories Of Mine said...

I have that lens too and I love it. Extreemly shrap. It's the best value for money.

Amy said...

i cannot wait for rummage season...i simply cannot wait!

cheers!
amy

Anonymous said...

I would be thrilled too! Can I ask what rummage season is? Oh, wait, is it like yard sales? I'm a little slow sometimes.
Hmmm, I must look into that lens.
Great stuff indeed! :~)

Amy said...

sorry that you missed red week! the next thing i host, i will be sure to let you know! hey! or you can post for friday...or even today and friday! yay!
cheers to you!
a

Shorty said...

Love Car Talk! Have you tried This American Life? That's my absolutely favorite podcast ever!

Shear Delight said...

50 mm lenses are the best especially for the cost we just upgraded to the 50mm f 1.4 and I'm definitely in love.