Monday, June 8, 2009

Swiss Cross Quilt Complete

Yeah!! She is done. My little Swiss Cross Quilt. I used solid cotton fabrics except for the backing which is navy blue with white stars. The backing I scored at a yard sale.

Swiss Cross Quilt

I quilted it by sewing diagonal lines, which is soooooo much easier now that I finally got a walking foot for my machine.

Close up of Swiss Cross Quilt

Swiss Cross Quilt with Navy Backing

Cross Quilt in Apartment

Don't forget, I have an easy tutorial for making cross blocks.

15 comments:

orange flower: sketchbook said...

Wow! This is a great looking quilt. I love the deep red color next to the white. The backing fabric was such a great find!

Two Dogs and a Quilt said...

I love the simplicity of this two color quilt!

modest-goddess said...

I love it, I really want to make one of these but I currently have 5 other unfinished quilt projects! Hopefully I can do one before the end of the year and add it to your flickr group.

Shorty said...

Very beautiful! I adore the red! Instant vintage appeal!!!

nettie said...

i REAlly LOVE this quilt.

Julia said...

This is beautiful!! And I may have to use your tutorial to copy it for my own house!! I so love red & white quilts! (and cross quilts!)

Sarah said...

Oooh it turned out beautifully! And it goes with the cat.

gina said...

I just love this so much - the red & white is just so crisp & lovely, especially combined with the graphic block design - perfect :)

Rebekah said...

this is beautiful!

Jenn Grigoryev (jenn of all trades) said...

man, i wish i could do the diagonal quilting but when i tried it it came out awful! any tips?? :)

~ ennui ~ said...

Love your work, photography and overall style!
Great blog!

Amy said...

amazing! it looks incredible!
fabulous job!

Rachel said...

What a pretty quilt! The red and while really look nice together.

Jodz said...

Oh Wow! I love this quilt. The colours are wonderful and the backing looks great.

Rachel said...

It looks great! And I loooove the credenza from the last post - what a great find!