Monday, January 7, 2008

Leftovers

The present that I was most excited to blog is also the one that I couldn't blog in case the beau was peaking. So now that the gifts have all been unveiled I can finally write about them.

100_1430

I made these great silhouettes of our dog Misty for my boyfriend. The basic idea behind creating these silhouettes is to trace either a photo or a projection of a photo onto dark paper (I think black is the crispest look) and then cut it out with an exacto knife. After that use any old adhesive (although acid free is the best) to stick the shape onto white Bristol board.

100_1431

The third quilt made for the nieces is also based off of the pattern in Last Minute Patchwork & Quilted Gifts. I posted before about two nearly identical quilts I created that I deemed Gritty Girl Quilts here. Overall this is one of my favorite patterns--I guess it shows because I did make three different quilts from it!

100_1305

100_1307

The back was pieced together with leftover pieces from the front. I tried to choose more pinks for the "coins" on the front of this quilt and used a peachy background color to make it more baby girl-ish.

Also, check out fellow Creative Everyday-er Lime & Aqua Studio's cool way to recycle old ties into something useful and pretty.

No comments: