Thursday, March 6, 2008

Chickens

Thanks for the tips on opening an etsy store. I am so excited about it and have been going crazy with all sorts of ideas. I plan to open after we come back from vacation which will be around the first week of April. I figured it wouldn't be great customer service to be away for my first week. Plus, this will give me some time to pull things together. Etsy seems perfect for the crafting and collecting overflow. I mean, I love to sew, but really there are only so many quilts and little treasures one can have in a small apartment. So more details to come.

In the mean time, here are some treasures picked up for 25 cents each last summer.

IMG_1102

I think these are crocheted. They are dainty looking chickens. Aren't they fabulous? I believe that they would go over your hard boiled egg at a fancy tea party or something.

This photo looks a little awkward, but I wanted to show what an individual one looks like.

IMG_1098

3 comments:

Kathi D said...

I really love browsing Etsy. I have a shop there but it's sadly neglected just now. Looking forward to seeing yours.

Bobbypin Bandit said...

I love chickens. One of my good friend's has a cat named Chicken and she loves to collect chicken items in honor of the cat. I should buy one of these from you!

Marcia said...

My grandma used to make those. We put them over the plastic Easter Eggs that you can stuff treasures in.