Finally this Christmas quilt is finished. I can't believe it is April. Yikes. It turned out to be very challenging to finish.
Piecing the quilt was easy. I came up with a very fast method for cutting coin strips and I wanted them to look slightly off (similar to Denyse Schmidt's work) so I cut them all askew.
Interspersed them with solid whites.
The challenge came with the quilting. This was a queen sized quilt- my biggest quilt yet. I knew I would have problems actually quilting it, so I decided to quilt it in two large sections.
That worked well. I was able to quilt it with much more precision.
The problem was in reattaching the two pieces. This was done with much difficulty and is far to hard to describe.
In the end though she loves it and that is what I wanted. She did show it to her friend who did not like it. I guess when my mom showed it to her- she didn't say a word. Not every one's cup of tea that is for sure.