Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Quilting Progress

I mentioned on my twitter the other day that I found the perfect backing fabric for my Swiss Flag Quilt, well here it is...

Swiss Flags and Stars

I am a die hard thrifter, not just because it is pretty darned trendy, but also because I have trouble paying full price for anything that I know I can find for 25 cents. So, I've been building my stash again, since I had a pretty productive winter of quilting. Luckily I came across these navy blue stars fabric for $1. There is about 2 or 3 yards of it too.

I've also started a triangles full sized quilt for our bed. I've recently been finding myself bored of the basic white borders and sashing on all my quilts, so I am going with gray here. I've also been trying to break free of the classic log cabin block too.

Triangle Work

Triangle Work


Shorty said...

How exciting! Your fabrics look great and I can't wait to see everything come together. I need to find where to get thrifted fabrics in my area...so far I haven't had much luck.

Amber said...

what perfect fabric for you cross quilt! And I love the start of your triangle quilt...fun fabrics and great pattern!

orange flower: sketchbook said...

Perfect backing fabric! I also love the direction you are taking the colors in the triangle quilt!

amy @ switz~art said...

The stars are perfect! And a $1.00!! Awesome score!

The rest of the fabrics are great! Love the horse motif!