Friday, December 7, 2007

Favorite Fabrics and Fun Store

100_1231

I thought I would feature some of my favorite fabrics today. All of these are either from Joanne’s or from a yard sale. I have found the brown dragonfly fabric is a great accent color to many of my monochromatic quilts. I’ve used it in the yellow quilt for our friend’s wedding and in my mom’s Christmas present quilt. I originally thought that I would like it for a back on a quilt so I bought several yards of it.

100_1233

Lemons, lemons, lemons I could never have enough lemon fabric if I lived to 100! When I was in Italy I walked by an amazing fabric store with up to the ceiling full of bolts and oilcloth fabric to die for. I didn’t even let myself in. I guess I figured how would I know how much to buy and how much it was for? I could just kick myself now. In fact I think I will. Agh.

100_1230



Good news! One of my favorite stores in Kennebunkport Maine finally has a website. The store is called Daytrip Society. Check it out here. There is so much fun, modern, and nature oriented stuff to be found. I particularly like these owl cards. Great books and outdoor camping stuff too.
Speaking on Maine, another favorite place to shop there is On Board Fabrics. Their website is here.

No comments: