Monday, November 26, 2007

Sock Monkey Weekend

I also did a little Christmas decorating this weekend. I've seen this idea all over. I took a large branch and stuck it in a jar. Then I decorated the branch with vintage glass ornaments- mainly blue and silver. Underneath I placed a vintage blue polka dot tablecloth, and then finished out the table with the extra ornaments and select book. It looks way better that my photos will allow. It is nice to walk in the door and immediately see something fun and festive.


100_1175


Went a little sock monkey crazy this weekend making Christmas presents for the nieces and nephews. I ordered this great sock monkey fabric from the Fat Quarter Shop. The reds, blues, and green one will be for little nephew who is going to be 15 months old. The pink one will be for his sister. All I did was sew the squares together! I will be adding some nice borders and probably some silky soft blanket binding too.

100_1116



100_1118


My idea for the back is that I want to make a pocket out of soft flannel and put a little sock monkey in it. More to come on these.



100_1112

No comments: