Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Gritty Girl Quilts

If you haven’t gotten your hands on Joelle Hoverson’s book Last-Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts you need to get right out there and scoop one up. The book has easy to follow clear explanations and snappy ideas. My quilts here that I have named Gritty Girl Quilts are from her book. I made mine throw sized while the book gives details on how to make it as a wall hanging. I loved the colors in the book ambers, oranges, canaries. I was so lucky to find at Joanne’s an almost identical brown for the background and borders of this quilt.


100_1257


100_1251

I’ve been calling it a Gritty Girl quilt because it is both pink and girly but still gritty with the brown.

100_1258


100_1256

As much as I have been catching up on my quilting things I think I have also been a little behind on the Christmas present thing. I really want to make soft trees this year. Little Bird’s blog first featured this pattern and instructions. The Purl of the purlbee.com also did a great display of them last year. I’m planning on one grouping to be all different sizes and probably blue and white, since that seems to be my Christmas decorations this year. I also want to do some really small green and white ones, because small things are totally underrated.
I think writing in this blog as often as possible is a great way to start the whole writing thing again. Hopefully in the next few months or so I can start blogging some short stories.

100_1261

I upgraded my Flickr so I have better access and more options and I stumbled across a few photos of the very first weekend we had Misty.



See I hadn’t even gone to see her at the shelter originally. My boyfriend suddenly got on a kick that he wanted a dog and he wouldn’t take no for an answer. I’ll admit it I didn’t want another animal we had two cats and Mollie. He tends to get his way and he picked her up the weekend of my birthday in July. We had already booked a campsite for several days so we were really just jumping right in with her. She was a perfect little peach with perfect behavior and great camping etiquette.

No comments: