Monday, February 11, 2008

Fruits from the weekend

As many of you may have guessed, I tried to tackle waaaaay too much this weekend. Whenever your list gets as long as mine was, you are bound to feel guilt from not accomplishing everything. So this is how I did:

  • I didn't finish the blocks for the runner
  • I hardly got to take any photos with my new camera
  • I did clean--a lot!
  • Went to softball party and had a blast
  • Didn't finish the binding on quilt
  • I looked at my gauze this weekend, I just didn't start anything with it.
  • I didn't go to Jo-anne's! Man am I strong or what?
  • I studied like crazy.
  • Oops I didn't practice obediance with Misty
  • No hiking. That is my real let down. It snowed almost all weekend.

So as you can see at least I had priorities in what I did.

This wasn't on my list, but I was able to finish this little doll quilt/ baby quilt.

IMG_0930

I used scrap fabric and embroidered starfish and sand dollars. The quilting was meant to be wave like. I am really pleased with my quilting and binding job. It is so much easier to do when the quilt is tiny. I feel like I am wrangling 40 heads of cattle when I try to quilt anything bigger than lap sized.

IMG_0932

IMG_0938

3 comments:

Jodi Renshaw said...

Wow, I really LOVE this. The embroidery is wonderful and the fabric choices are great. Very nice :)

Bec said...

This quilt is fantastic! I've never been brave enough to tackle a quilt, but you are inspiring me to give it a try!

Leah said...

i adore the starfish and sand dollars!!!