Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Blocks and Squares

Thanks everyone for your tips and suggestions on photo mattes and stenciling. It is absolutely amazing how much knowledge we collectively have. I am very close to being done my Drunk Love in a Log Cabin Quilt that is based off of Denyse Schmidt's work. Here are a few more blocks.

IMG_6722

I know it doesn't look like much now, but when they are all laid out together it is very exciting.

IMG_6720

This next weekend I am going to skip the mountain bike race I was considering. It is fairly far away and takes up one whole day. This way, I will have more time to train for the next one, study, and maybe finish this quilt up. Good thing because I already have another one I am planning.

I think I may have already shown this fabric before, but I find myself staring at it frequently.

IMG_6719

I have found some amazing fabric printing blogs out there lately. I have been haunting them looking for tips and other ideas. I also picked up a silk screen and silk screening paints at a yard sale last weekend and cannot wait to try it.

8 comments:

Thriftin and Craftin said...

Your quilt squares look GREAT! I can't wait to see the whole quilt.

Carla

Anonymous said...

"I know it doesn't look like much now..."

Oh, puh-lease. We've seen your stuff. We know it will come together beautifully.

Love the vintage fabric with the birds. What will you do with it?!

Project Ecoart said...

Beautiful :)

jacquie said...

These blocks are great. Is most of this fabric vintage? I scored a find today, but I wondered how it holds up? Since you're the vintage queen (or princess if you prefer) I thought you might have some wisdom. Looking forward to seeing the whole quilt!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous stuff!! Love your style... Lx

Rebekah said...

I can't wait to see these all put together! I really like the fabric combos you're using on all of these blocks!

Memories Of Mine said...

I agree with everyone else. I too can't wait to see the finished product.

Oiyi said...

Great squares! Silkscreening is so neat. Can't wait to see your experiments.