Monday, December 22, 2008

Stitching Away

I finally got the nerve up to cut into my Heather Ross stash. I received this little bundle from my mom last Christmas and have been savoring it too much to cut it up. It is going to be my lucky bike race quilt. It has all my favorite things on it- bicycles, gnomes, dalmatians.

033

Isn't this bike next to the quilt great too? I snagged it at a yard sale years ago and have been holding on to it while I fix it up. It is almost ready to go for a ride- perhaps this spring.

041

A few close-ups:

043

046

058

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

your quilt is so pretty! This is my all time favorite fabric to work with...both because of the hand and the adorable prints. Your little bike looks so cute next to it!

Anonymous said...

Very nice... love the colours and your bike looks cute too!! Lx

Maggie said...

I have yet to cut into my Heather Ross stash. I'm waiting until after Christmas so that I can invest some time thinking about what to make.

The quilt is super cute! Dig the bike too!

Memories Of Mine said...

I hope your quilt brings you luck.
I love this material a friend has made a quilt out of this stuff.