Thursday, March 12, 2009

Some of my very best

Lots of my very best, most favorite ever, vintage fabrics went into these blocks for the Bushfire Quilt Project. I am so happy that Campfollower Bag Lady came up with this incredibly thoughtful way to help folks.

Bushfire Quilt Project

I started off thinking I would do one or two blocks, but it is one of those things. Once I got started I just couldn't stop.

Bushfire Quilt Project

Another wonderful thing about this project? I've never tried this block before. Weird huh? It is a pretty trad quilt block. Maybe that is why actually. Anyway, it has been on my to-try list for a while and this project was the kick in the butt.

Bushfire Quilt Project

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are fabulous.

jenna said...

Looks great. I love star quilts, though I haven't yet mustered up the courage to start one myself. :)

jacquie said...

good for you! they are pretty darn addicting.

Anonymous said...

Oh my, so beautiful. So very very beautiful. I'm actually getting a little teary here.

Anonymous said...

Oh, can I ask where you found the pattern for that block? I really love your color choices and placement.

christine said...

LOVE the wonky star pattern.
my name is christine, and i am a feedsack-o-holic.

Shorty said...

Love the quilt blocks! And it is so cool you're using vintage fabrics. I've started to hunt for those but so far haven't had much luck...