Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Quilting Progress

I mentioned on my twitter the other day that I found the perfect backing fabric for my Swiss Flag Quilt, well here it is...

Swiss Flags and Stars

I am a die hard thrifter, not just because it is pretty darned trendy, but also because I have trouble paying full price for anything that I know I can find for 25 cents. So, I've been building my stash again, since I had a pretty productive winter of quilting. Luckily I came across these navy blue stars fabric for $1. There is about 2 or 3 yards of it too.

I've also started a triangles full sized quilt for our bed. I've recently been finding myself bored of the basic white borders and sashing on all my quilts, so I am going with gray here. I've also been trying to break free of the classic log cabin block too.

Triangle Work

Triangle Work

4 comments:

Shorty said...

How exciting! Your fabrics look great and I can't wait to see everything come together. I need to find where to get thrifted fabrics in my area...so far I haven't had much luck.

Amber said...

what perfect fabric for you cross quilt! And I love the start of your triangle quilt...fun fabrics and great pattern!

orange flower: sketchbook said...

Perfect backing fabric! I also love the direction you are taking the colors in the triangle quilt!

Amy said...

The stars are perfect! And a $1.00!! Awesome score!

The rest of the fabrics are great! Love the horse motif!